In this detailed review, we cover in greater detail of the available features on the Canon 5D Mark III.
A full-frame 22.3 MP DSLR, Canon 5D Mark iii features the capability to shoot exceptional still images and movie recording. It produces superbly detailed imagery with immense low-light sensitivity with the help of Canon’s new DIGIC 5+ image processor and 14-bit AD conversion. The image quality can be further enhanced by the help of new 61-point high density reticular auto focus. The sharpness of the image is ensured by 41 cross-type AF points and 5 dual diagonal AF points.
AF system of the DSLR works in conjunction with iFCL metering works. Accurate exposure readings are produced using a 63 zone dual-color metering sensor by using color information from scenes.
Canon 5D Mark III Features Overview
Let us move forward to know more about the features of the features of the DSLR.
- Construction: The body of the DSLR is made up of highly durable magnesium-alloy. The body surrounds the components and increases waster and dust resistance. There is an updated EOS integrated cleansing system that performs the function of removing and reducing dust within the camera structure. A few physical features of the camera are customizable and offer convenient handling.
- CMOS processor: 5D mark iii is incorporated by a newly designed 22.3 MP full-frame CMOS sensor. It can provide high-detailed, rich images with a maximum resolution of 5760x3840 pixels. It creates larger individual pixels for increased visual depth and cleaner looking images. This DSLR also offers improved ISO performance.
- DIGIC 5+ image processor: The camera exhibits High processing speed and power which significantly promotes overall response and performance. The company has incorporated new algorithms in the camera which promotes sound reduction. This way it gets higher ISOs and better chromatic aberration compensation. The increase in processing speed has improved continuous shooting rate. Canon 5D mark iii can produce 6 full resolution frames per second.
- 14-Bit AD conversion: The 14-bit signal processing improves the quality of picture. It comes out to be more natural and smooth-looking. The ISO ranges from 100 to 25600 in standard and 50 to 102400 in expanded modes. The ISO range can be controlled and customized and an additional auto ISO mode can also be employed.
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF: This new auto focus technique helps to ensure critical focus. The AF menu enables quick and easy access to navigate through the settings.
- iFCL 63-Zone Dual Layer: This intelligent metering system automatically focuses and analyze focus, color and luminance.
- EOS HD Video: The camera supports full HD recording in multiple formats. A special 4GB film is employed to gain longer continuous recording time. The recording duration may last up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. Embedding time limit while shooting may improve the quality of the video.
For Pricing and Availability check HERE.
- The shutter of the camera is silent and hence reduces noise while shooting.
- The grip is gripped in a wonderful way and you can use the camera both vertically and horizontally comfortably.
- The camera is compatible to both Wi-Fi and GPRS.
- It has an expanded 3.2” clear view LCD that provide a high resolution of 1, 04 ,000 dots.
We hope you found this detailed review of the Canon 5D Mark III useful. To check out other DSLR camera options for the budget filmmaker, check out Part 6 of our filmmaking series.